Assays for sexual infections
Assays for sexual infections
In life, people might be many situations when it is necessary urgently to be tested for sexual infections. Most often, the same situations include casual sex without using a condom, however, possible household way of infection.
When you need to be tested for sexual infections:
- in the presence of manifestations of genital infections
- casual sex
- before planning pregnancy
- for the prevention of sexually active groups
- Clinical manifestations of genital infections:
- pain in the genitals;
- pain in the prostate in men;
- pain in the urethra;
- burning sensation in the genitals;
- selection of external genital tract.
Analyzes on sexual infections Modern biochemical laboratory tests carried out on sexual infections by polymerase chain reaction. The advantage of this method of investigation is that the analysis take discharge from the urethra, the vagina and the cervix, followed by an immunological reaction, the result of which is ready in 2 days.
For the study can be sent to a laboratory remote moles and warts. With the help of such a study can vyvit presence of any infection in the body, which is sexually transmitted.
Assays for sexual infections include sexual selection pathogen by planting discharge from the urethra to the culture medium. Study results can be assessed after 3-7 days after sowing. It depends on the type of pathogen.
The advantage of this method of investigation is that after the detection of the pathogen can be carried out on a sample of sensitivity to antibiotics and to choose the most destructive for the preparation of micro-organisms.
Assays for genital infections may include determining the ELISA reaction, in order to diagnose long carrier pathogen without clinical symptoms. Most often, this method is used for the detection of pathogens chlamydia, cytomegalovirus, herpes.
Antibodies to HIV are not a sign of AIDS, but can diagnose existence of the virus in humans and are more likely to establish the fact of infection.
Obtaining a false positive test result is possible if the patient has an autoimmune disease, Epstein-Bar virus or antibodies to rheumatoid arthritis.
False negative results observed in the terminal stages of AIDS or as a result of a short time after contact with the virus carrier. It is because of this analysis should be repeated in 2-3 months, if the HIV infection is acceptable.
Analysis of blood RW helps to identify the fact of infection with syphilis. The disease quickly leads to death due to the continuous damaging effects of the pathogen on the human body. Infection with syphilis occurs in close contact with the patient, who is in the secondary stage of the disease course. This happens through sexual contact or by using the objects hygiene sick person. Transmission of infection of the pathogen is possible during pregnancy from mother to fetus, provided the woman is sick with syphilis.
Diagnosis of syphilis
To diagnose syphilis conduct blood tests for specific antibodies. The result of the analysis of informative 3-4 weeks after infection with syphilis, which remained positive during the course of the disease, and becomes negative in 2-3 years after complete recovery.
In addition to the blood test is conducted smear on the flora of the vagina and cervix when viewed on a gynecological chair.
To carry out the analysis?
- Assays for sexual infections often spend the people of young age, are often the same for both women and men.
- The frequency of testing is to young people due to the fact that women and men of this age are having sex more often, which means that their risk of contracting a sexually transmitted disease increases significantly.
- As a result, these data venereologists recommend that women and men who do not have a regular sexual partner, to be screened by a gynecologist and urologist 1 every six months. Inspection includes tests for genital infections.
- A man can take the analysis at any time after three day of abstinence from sexual intercourse. Women should remember that the analysis can be taken no earlier than 5 days after the end of menstruation.
- Due to the continuous development of laboratory diagnostic methods, the disease can be detected with almost 100% correct, but it allows time to make a diagnosis and start early treatment.