Circumcision (circumcision) – a surgical procedure aimed at the removal of the foreskin as a religious considerations (Muslims, Jews), and for medical reasons. Some men, especially in tropical countries, circumcision is carried out in order to avoid the accumulation of pathogenic micro-organisms under the foreskin and prevent the development of infection.
In past centuries, to maintain the purity of the penis was generally problematic, so they had to resort to a cutoff much more. In today’s world, the ability to keep their genitals clean there every man and do not necessarily carry out circumcision, guided only by considerations of personal hygiene.
Circumcision for medical reasons
The main medical indications for circumcision are:
- phimosis – inability to expose the head of the penis due to the abnormal narrowing of the foreskin;
- paraphimosis – pathological infringement head of the penis due to the narrowing of the foreskin;
- various injuries on the part of the foreskin;
- balanoposthitis – an inflammatory process, localized in the glans penis and foreskin;
- warts – human viral disease, which resulted in the formation of wart (warts) appear in the genital area;
- premature ejaculation;
- hypertrophy of the foreskin.
Circumcision: methods and technique
From the method of circumcision vary the external characteristics of the penis.
- Minimum circumcision. There is a small area of excision of the foreskin. The indication of the style of circumcision is the formation of scar phimosis, the foreskin hypertrophy.
- Free circumcision. In this method, the penis head is almost completely exposed – only in the coronal sulcus is small, overhanging on the head fold.
- Moderate circumcision. The most popular ways of removing the foreskin, which then head all the time is open.
- Tight circumcision. Includes complete excision of existing skin folds of the penis. penile skin is constantly under tension, especially in the state expressed during erection.
circumcision stages of the operation After disinfecting procedures and anesthesia (local, total) is carried out cutting the penis at the flesh around the entire circumference, using special clips, selected by the size of the penis, and other appliances. Next impose circular seams.
- Lately it has become possible to perform cutting with laser technique (photodegradation), which has advantages over other surgical methods.
- The laser beam can remove foreskins quickly and almost painlessly. This reduces the risk of infection, shorter recovery period and the man quickly returned to its previous pace of life.
Circumcision: the possible consequences
After circumcision may form a hematoma in the area of the penis, often signs of swelling are observed. Occurrence sukrovichnyh discharge from the sutures. Within a few weeks after the operation should be carried out the seams with antiseptic solutions and change dressings, while respecting all the rules of sterility (to prevent the development of inflammation).
The reducing postoperative period can last up to two weeks. Men need time to get used to his renewed genitals. It should be borne in mind that circumcision reduces the sensitivity of the penis head, which can significantly increase the duration of sexual intercourse.
Every man, deliberately going to the circumcision should be aware of the possible consequences and the changes that may arise after such an operation.